Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Tips on How to Remove Gloves Correctly as a Nursing Student & Nurse

As a nursing student or nurse you will contaminate your gloves with some nasty, potentially lethal germs. So learning how to properly remove them is so vitally important. I know that as a nurse myself I have encountered many different situations where proper glove removal was so important.

For instance, one day I had a patient who had HIV and Hepatitis C along with the flesh eating bacteria called necrotizing fasciitis. This poor patient was so sick and felt miserable but was the sweetest person in the world, which is amazing considering what they were going through.

I had to draw blood from the patient's central line and got blood on my gloves. So my gloves were contaminated with blood that had HIV and Hepatitis C in it. So I had to carefully remove my gloves using the technique I show in the video below.

As a nurse or nursing student you should always remove your gloves using the technique below even if it seems like your gloves are clean. It is just a good habit to be in. The technique below will prevent accidental contamination on your skin, scrubs, or to others.

Video on How to Remove Gloves Correctly & Safely




For more tips on how to remove your gloves properly please see this very useful article.

Sarah :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment