Friday, June 6, 2014

Nursing Care Plans | Free Nursing Care Plans for Nursing Students

I remember doing nursing care plans in nursing school. I always dreaded doing them because they required so much time and research. When I started nursing clinicals, I would have to go the day before my clinical day and select a patient to do a nursing care plan on.

Our instructor recommended we pick a patient who would be there the next day and not discharged. I would go to the hospital after lecture the day before clinicals (usually around 4pm) and collect my information on the patient. Then I would go home and complete my care plan. It usually took me anywhere from 4-6 hours to complete.

At first, I thought nursing care plans were the worst thing in the world but then after I completed about 2-3 I started to get the hang of them. And now I actually like doing them (crazy I know). I like doing them so much I created a library of free nursing care plans for nursing students to use as a guide to help them in creating their own nursing care plans.

Here is access to these free nursing care plans. I have care plans for everything from congestive heart failure, to pneumonia, to hypertension (in other words a wide variety of care plans).

Here I explain what a nursing care plan is and what the difference between nursing care plans are in school and on the job are:




Sarah :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment