Friday, June 20, 2014

Should You Get a Nursing Lab Jacket for Clinicals or to Work as a Nurse?

Nursing lab jackets have their benefits as a student nurse and nurse. Many nursing schools require students to wear lab coats over their scrubs in the clinical setting that has the school's logo on it, while wearing a lab jacket as a nurse is usually optional.

I love to wear my lab jacket for many reasons. One important reason I wear a lab coat is to protect my scrubs and arms from contamination. I work around radioactive materials and daily I come into contact with radioactive isotopes. If I am radiated with this material my lab jacket helps provide me a little bit of a barrier.

In this video I discuss some tips you should watch out for when buying your lab coat.



-Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment