Thursday, June 5, 2014

Great Resource for Free Nursing Resume Templates

Applying for a job is hard work, especially when the job market is competitive. In the area I live our nursing job market is very competitive. There are a total of 5 nursing schools in my area that graduates thousands of nursing students every May and December, and there are only two large hospitals in my area that employ nurses.

So every year around that time the job market gets really competitive and high demand specialties such as OB-GYN, Pediatrics, and ICU are hard jobs to secure. I remember speaking with a hiring nurse manager one time and she told me two things that are important during the hiring process are the resume and interview.

It is really important to have a great looking resume when applying for a nursing job. I compare the resume as an "advertisement" that says "Hey look at me....I'm what you're looking for...give me an interview and you won't be disappointed". Your resume is vitally important in helping you secure an interview.

So if you are in the job market and need some resume templates, here are some free nursing resume templates you can use.




Quick Tips When Creating Your Resume

Keep it short. Rule of thumb is that your resume should be one page (especially if you are just starting out in the job force) BUT you can have it up to two pages if you have been in the profession for a while

Don't lie or embellish. I know it may sound good on paper but when the interview comes and you're asked about it the hiring manager will know if you are lying or not. So keep it honest.

Make it eye-catching! If you are submitting resumes by mail or physical copies be sure to print it on nice resume paper that will catch the hiring manager's eye and make her/him want to look at it. 

Sarah :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment