Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Supplies Needed to Start an IV as a Nursing Student or New Nurse Graduate

I remember when I got to start my first IV as a nursing student. I was so excited but nervous. I remember going to the clean hold where they keep all of the unit supplies with my preceptor. She guided me in collecting the supplies I needed in order to start an IV.

While I collecting each item, I remember thinking "wow this is a lot of stuff to get just to start an IV....how will I remember it all".

Well, I quickly remembered it all because after you do it over and over it becomes second nature. Plus, there is nothing like getting your IV and then remembering you forgot to get your extension cap. Mistakes definitely allow you to learn!

So I made a video for all you nursing students and new nurse graduates out there about what supplies is needed to start an IV and what everything is for.


Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment