Monday, May 26, 2014

Tips for taking the NCLEX Exam

I know that right now nursing school graduates are super busy. They just got done with school, graduated, and are now spending their Memorial Day weekend studying for NCLEX. I remember taking practice questions over and over and reading my Saunders NCLEX guide every waking hour. I've been there and done that so new nurse graduates I feel your pain but it will be over very soon.

I graduated from nursing school in May and took my NCLEX exam at the beginning of June. I wanted to get it over with so I could just concentrate on relaxing during my summer and enjoy my new job. I had a couple of friends who waited until July and even August to take it because they wanted to spend the whole summer studying.

After I took NCLEX I felt so exhausted but I felt like a weight had been lifted off me. However, I felt like I failed. From what I hear everyone feels like they have failed after they take it so that is normal. But I didn't! I pass first try with just 75 questions...woohoo!

Here are some quick NCLEX tips I found courtesy of Kaplan to help you pass while answering questions because they can be tricky:
  1. Don't ask "why"
  2. Don't leave the patient
  3. Don't persuade the patient
  4. Don't pass the buck
  5. Don't read into the question
  6. Don't do something
The points above are great tips that helped me. If you would like some more information on how I prepared for NCLEX and more information about it check out my NCLEX tips.

Sarah :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment